Nanometrisis develops software for the measurement and quantification of geometric and morphological characteristics (dimensions, shape, roughness) of micro and nanostructures during semiconductor manufacturing, or the manufacturing of other nanotechnology products (surfaces, nanoparticles, blades).
Nanometrisis software accepts electronic and atomic microscopy images as input and delivers metrics, parameters and graphs characterizing the micro and nanostructures (line-space patterns, contact holes, nanoparticles, blades, rough surfaces).
Classification of Nanometrisis software to 2D and 3D categories along with some representative microscope images.
These results are necessary for manufacturing companies and material or equipment providers since the reliable performance of products is often critically dependent on the micro and nanoscale topography and morphology of their features.
The company products are divided into three categories:
A. 2D software with analysis of edges: In this category four software are included.
- The first two software (nanoLER™ and nanoCER™) have emerged from the well-known academic software LERDEMO and CERDEMO. They are used for the measurement and characterization of the lateral edge roughness of rectangular and cylindrical nanostructures typically resulting from lithographic and pattern transfer processes. Such structures are used in transistor gates and electrodes of integrated circuits respectively.
- Additionally, two more software (nanoPAR™ and nanoBER™/nanoBTR™) have been developed for the metrological characterization of nanoparticles and blades respectively. NanoPAR™ is used for nanoparticle size/shape distribution and positional statistics with applications in the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries. nanoBER™/nanoBTR™ is used for the characterization of blade sharpness, roughness and morphology with applications in the blade and surgical scalpels industries.
The software receives images from Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) as input.
B. 3D software with surface analysis: In parallel with the above, there has been software development for the measurement and characterization of surface morphology of micro and nanostructures by means of atomic force microscopy (AFM) and/or scanning electron microscopy (SEM). The nanoSURF™ software is unique in providing complete and precise description of the spatial aspects of morphology with the help of methods adapted from information science. Two products are available, nanoTOPO-AFM™ and nanoTOPO-SEM™
C. Deep Learning for SEM image enhancement
Nanometrisis also develops deep learning methods (neural networks) for denoising SEM images. These methods are used to improve the accuracy of dimensional metrology of nanostructures. Our new product (SEMD) is currently applied to provide unbiased (noise-reduced) measurements of line edge roughness with sub-nanometer accuracy.
Nanometrisis offers nanometrology consulting services to meet your needs:
- Resolving your product metrology characterization challenges;
- Developing software customized to your needs and metrology instruments;
- “Smart” & Machine Learning metrology for your applications.